(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- RRCA Names Spokane, WA 2014 Outstanding Runner Friendly Community of the Year posted on Thursday, 18 December 2014 09:41
- On a day of speed, Mazuronak, Chemtai race past challengers posted on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 10:15
- All-America Trio Leads XC To Top-25 Finishes posted on Monday, 24 November 2014 08:26
- Huskies Bring Both Squads To Nationals posted on Thursday, 20 November 2014 08:52
- SPU CROSS COUNTRY: Best time for best race is Saturday at NCAA Regionals for Falcons posted on Thursday, 20 November 2014 08:49