(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- Nelson Leads Men To Key Top-10 Finish At Wisconsin posted on Monday, 20 October 2014 10:38
- Smyth and Dalzot victorious at USATF Half Marathon Trail Championships posted on Monday, 20 October 2014 10:34
- New Women’s Master Record Set at the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Marathon posted on Monday, 13 October 2014 10:05
- Washington Invite A Hit As Dawgs Run Well posted on Monday, 06 October 2014 10:22
- Washington Invite Brings Big-Time Field To Seattle posted on Thursday, 02 October 2014 14:20