(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- Image Gallery: 2013 Seattle Marathon posted on Thursday, 05 December 2013 09:40
- The Healthy Runner - Beginners, NOW is the time to start! posted on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 09:51
- Sunday, October 26, 2014. Rock ‘n’ Roll Vancouver Half Marathon posted on Sunday, 26 October 2014 00:00
- Saturday, June 21, 2014. Rock ‘n’ Roll Seattle Marathon* & Half posted on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 00:00
- Sunday, May 18, 2014. Rock ‘n’ Roll Portland Half Marathon posted on Sunday, 18 May 2014 00:00