(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- Ranked Dawgs Run Towards Pac-12 Championships posted on Wednesday, 29 October 2014 08:57
- Sunday, October 4, 2015, Portland Marathon* & Half posted on Sunday, 04 October 2015 00:00
- Sunday, June 7, 2015, North Olympic Discovery Marathon* & Half posted on Sunday, 07 June 2015 00:00
- Sunday, May 17, Capital City Marathon*, Half* & 5 Miler. posted on Sunday, 17 May 2015 00:00
- Sunday, May 3, Tacoma City Marathon*, Half* & 5K posted on Sunday, 03 May 2015 00:00