(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- Sunday, November 16. Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon & Half posted on Sunday, 16 November 2014 00:00
- Sunday, October 26. Tri-Cities Marathon* & Relay posted on Sunday, 26 October 2014 00:00
- Sunday, October 26. Run Wild Whatcom Adventure Race posted on Sunday, 26 October 2014 00:00
- Sunday, October 26. Cougar Mtn. 50K, 20 & 7.6 Miles posted on Sunday, 26 October 2014 00:00
- Sunday, October 19. Dawg Dash 10K & 5K posted on Sunday, 19 October 2014 00:00