(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- Sun., September 28. Bellingham Bay Marathon, Half & 5K posted on Sunday, 28 September 2014 00:00
- Sat., September 13. Discovery Trail Half Marathon posted on Saturday, 13 September 2014 00:00
- Sat., August 16. Hamster Endurance Runs posted on Saturday, 16 August 2014 00:00
- Sat., Aug. 2. Tacoma Narrows Half Marathon posted on Saturday, 02 August 2014 00:00
- Sun., July 27. Kamloops Marathon* & Half. posted on Sunday, 27 July 2014 00:00