(Photo: ERIKA SCHULTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES) Albert Erickson, 83, of Monroe, Wash., throws the javelin during USATF Master's National Decathlon Championship Sunday, July 15, 2012. Erickson, the second oldest athlete at the decathlon, competed in 10 events over two days at Woolsey Stadium in Shoreline. Competitors, ages 18-86, traveled from around the country to participate in events like the long jump, shot put, pole vault and 1,500-meter run.
Published in Subscribe to the RSS feed of Features Features / Subscribe to the RSS feed of News News
Like this? Let your friends know now!
Latest articles from Administrator
- How to train your own muscle groups posted on Friday, 30 August 2013 00:00
- Doing the most Marathons and Half Marathons you can posted on Friday, 30 August 2013 00:00
- Doing the most Marathons and Half Marathons you can posted on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:00
- Sports Nutrition for Student Athletes posted on Friday, 25 January 2013 00:00
- Eating healthy on the road: choices and substitutions posted on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 00:00